Saturday, August 21, 2010

Are you in a long distance relationship? How do you make it work?

just found out today my boyfriend will be transferred 3 states away for work. I'm in tears. We have only been dating for 6 months, but I really liked him. He's the first man who's ever treated me like someone special in my 24 years. He's so sweet, affectionate, complimentary, funny, and he makes me smile and laugh so much. I know we're not married or anything, but it hurts so bad. I know sh*t happens, but can this work out? I asked him if he could just tell me what he wants to do with us, like move on or make it work and such, but he won't even tell me right now. Why can't he just tell me? Should i just forget about it? It was only 6 months anyway, but I really felt like I found someone special when I met him. If you have dealt with this situation/long distance before, please let me know how to deal with this. I'm so sad. :( Everyone says long distance relationships don't work. Do I have ANY hope at all? No cynical/rude answers please, just answers from ppl who are in LDR's. Thank you.Are you in a long distance relationship? How do you make it work?
I am in a fabulous Long distance relation for 4 years now.. I have never met my girl and SHE is the one for me. It works on trust and patience. I met her when I was 16.. and she is my first and only love...





I works, you both should have the courage to say ';We can make it happen';.





I have seen so many relationships break off just because of mis understandings.. you just have to speak to each other and keep other safe!Are you in a long distance relationship? How do you make it work?
YOU CAN'T REALLY


I'VE TRIED


YOU MUST MEET
I used to be in a long distance relationship and it didn't work out. My advice is not to be in one unless you BOTH are 200% for this relationship with no doubts and you both are going to work your butts off visiting each other and staying connected. Thats the only way I think it can work. If one person doesn't care as much the other one will have all the stress and work. It takes very strong people (and those people need to really be ';the one'; for each other) to do a long distance relationship.
i tried it 3 or 4 times b4 n it didn't work coz in the end of the day u'll feel lonely n need regular meeting. i know there's webcam, 3G n stuffs like that but trust me it won't be enough coz u need real touches,real kisses n other real things.
distance relationships are always difficult to manage,If he loves you, like you do love him then you guys can talk things out and may be decide on how you manage it.
Long distance relationships take allot of work. But on the good side, having that person away does make the heart grow fonder. If this is something you both want it can work. The key word is though both. You really need to sit down and talk about it if you want to stay together and try to make it work. IF you decide to do it then make a point to talk on the phone at least once a week. Plan trips to see each other. Make plans because you will have things to look forward to when he does leave. I have done long distance and It can work. Just have to be flexible and have some trust in your relationship.
dont care .just always have contact with him..i am sure that ur voice will be enough to keep hi m always thinking abt u............
i was in a long distance relationship with a guy in canada and it worked super well for me. i was independent, busy and focused on loving him. He on the other hand needed babysitting 24/7 and after 3 years and being two weeks away from moving; furniture sold; house on the market, i found out he had been cheating with other women the whole time. this from a guy who was SO not like that; he even perjured himself on immigration paperwork. So to answer your question, i can do it just fine and behave myself; men on the other hand are pretty insecure and needy i've discovered. eye opener to me...didn't think he'd EVER do that in a million years and neither did any of his friends. they were stunned and so am i still a year later.....
It can work if the two of you are workinig at it. You can give it some time and see where it leads. Plan on vist's to each others places. You can tell alot by his apartment if he is cheating on you! The phone calls. The way you feel about him to must remain the same. It's a two-way street.
for some people it works and for some it doesn't work this is Ur relationship u do what u have to do to make it work it takes two remember you and him,if its meant to be that way for now


it wont kill u it will make it stronger so go for if theres love truly love go for it u can maybe visit if possible.who know good luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment