Thursday, August 19, 2010

What is your opinion on long-distance relationships? Are they worth it?

I am very well aware of the ups and downs that are present when in a loving relationship with another person. But how does the typical relationship compare with a long-distance relationship? The distance between two people definitely tends to create more problems in a relationship but at the same time it may make you grow even fonder of that person. I have witnessed both sides of this concept. I know that it is definitely possible for them to work as long as both parties are truly willing to make them work. Some people are able to stick out the distance and others cannot. I am curious to hear other people鈥檚 opinion on this subject because I only know what I know from my personal experience. What do you think the reason is for some long-distance relationships failing? Why do you think some people can make them work when others cannot? Do you think they鈥檙e worth it? Could you deal with a long-distance relationship?What is your opinion on long-distance relationships? Are they worth it?
I think that they can work if they aren't long-term long-distance. And it really depends on how often able to see each other. I'm currently in a semi-long-distance relationship. I'm an hour away from my boyfriend at college and he's attending a community college and lives at his parent's house. We have not gone more than 2 weeks without seeing each other though. We both really trust the other, and he trusts me even though I live on a floor with 13 guys and only 3 other girls and there's constantly guys in my room because he knows they are just friends to me. I think trust is a HUGE part of being able to make a ldr work. And it has to be real trust and not ';fake'; trust that's in a lot of relationships. I think some are worth it. I also think that a relationship that starts out as a ldr will last too long. I think you need to be with a person a bit before being able to change the distance.What is your opinion on long-distance relationships? Are they worth it?
I think that they are not the best... it's not worth it, go find someone you can see in RL everyday
I think that long-distance relationships fail for the two following reasons, You can't feel the other persons touch or warmth, and two, you may find someone closer that you can see easily. However, it could work if a person has patience and can hold off till they can finally meet. I personally don't think they are worth it. In the end your prolonging the inevitable, your not going to be able to meet. I've tried a long distance relation ship and i can't handle it one bit.
I'm in the military, and I have been doing long distance relationships my whole adult life. It will only work if both parties are trustworthy good people that don't cheat. They have to both want it.
never really work i used to talk to a girl in ohio, one in washington state, oregon , connecticuit north carolina wont work out
I am in a long-distance relationship myself, and I will honestly tell you that they are difficult. It's definitely hard to see the person you care about the most only a few times a month (if that, some relationships see each other less than that). However, I will tell you that if you truly love the person (and yes, I mean TRULY love them), then it is worth it, definitely. Only real love can last in such a relationship, and really the only way to test out the strength of your love is to give it a shot. So, if it is you yourself who is considering entering into such a relationship, I encourage you to try. It's better than wondering what would have happened if you didn't. Take that leap of faith; you'll never know where you'll land.
In long distance relationships it's hard. I think they fail - because they may have doubts about the future. Wondering weather they'll be with this person in the future. Some people are more persistent than others; that is why some peoples long distant relationships could work. Sometimes they're worth it. Sometimes they're not. I've only had 1 long distant relationship with One of the most amazing persons I could ever find. 8-9 Months. Unfortunately, I could not bear waiting. And, I also had mixed emotions. So, I ended it - for both our sakes. We're still friends, though. Which I am delighted to say. :D





I still think making a long-distant relationship is all about being patient.





I don't think I could deal with any type of relationship with another person - let alone another long-distant relationship.
Long distance relationships fail because one or both of the people in the relationship doesnt want it. A long distance relationship takes more work than that of a typical relationship. Many things take place while being in a long distance relationship including insecurities. Anyone can work out a long distance relationship you just have to want it and be dedicated and know why exactly youre in the relationship. At first I didnt think I could deal with a long distance relationship but when I went to college I basically put my two and a half year relationship with my bf on the rocks. Things were shaky at first but then I had to snap into relality and know why I was in it in the first place. Communication was key, always. I stayed in the relationship because I knew he was worth it and nothing was not going to stop me from getting what I wanted, not even distance. A long distance relationship really tests how strong your relationship really is, and if its strong it will last, period. Granted BOTH people want it to NOT just one.
They fail because the relationship is not mature enough, no matter what the couple may think they have. Some people can make them work because either their relationship is mature, they trust eachother (huge issue), or its fake and one of them is cheating on the other but leading them on. at times they can be worth it if you are willing to put the time and effort into it and if you are both equally willing, but even the slightest difference in feelings will lead to failure. I could deal with a long distance relationship, but sadly, others cannot.
Long distance relationships are hard. If you live far enough where you cannot drive to see the person you are in a relationship with, it can be extremely hard; at least i find it hard to be. If you both want to be with each other more than anything else in the world(or your initials are NE and KD) then i think a long distancee relationship could work.
It depends on the people. If one person isn't committed it won't work no matter how committed the other person may be.
Ok this is the spark-notes version. You have to find your why. Why do you want to stay in the relationship and why do you love that person? You have to love that person for more than just the physical aspects. Not only does that reason you love them have to be more than just physical it must be strong enough to resist the temptations of other physical attractions. This will prevent cheating. Then finally the other person must trust, that you love them for other reasons so you won't cheat. This trust will guide you through and you will emerge with an even deeper bond.
I am currently in a long distance relationship. It is undoubtedly very difficult at times especially at the college-age when the party scene is a predominant part of your experience. However, I believe the key is deciding what will truly make you happy in the long run. In my case, I know that since my relationship began four years ago I have spent some of the happiest times of my life and would not consider trading that for some random hook-ups. However, there is some attraction towards the single life (again commenting from a college-age perspective). It is also much easier to meet people not only guys but girls as well who are trying to find male love interests. I have considered both the pros and cons; however, the cons are constantly outweighed because as mentioned in the above question my feelings often grow stronger towards my boyfriend as a result of the distance. As I watch not only myself but my boyfriend as well work to stay together because this is what we want I am reassured that this is what I want and that it 100% worth it no matter how difficult it seems at times.
I am currently in a long distance relationship and so far so good. Things are going well for me and my boyfriend. However, I do miss him often, and at times it is almost unbearable. For now, I think it is worth it though. Although we both are away at different colleges, we are still managing to maintain a solid relationship. As long as we keep that going, I think things will work out.


It is so important to have trust in a relationship. If you or your partner are having doubts of any sort, you should talk about things. Long distance relationships can work, but it takes a lot of effort on both sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment