Thursday, August 19, 2010

How to deal with a really difficult long distance relationship?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a really long time and just recently he graduated from high school and is going to college two hours away. I'm almost done with school and we both agreed to try and make it work.





Sadly, he had to leave early in the beginning of July in order to attend a summer program at his college. I've gone for days without hearing from him because his phone died and has to borrow and it's really tough. When I do get the chance to talk to him, it's for short periods of time like 5-10 mins. The difficult communication is going to go on about another five weeks.





I would like to stay together with him and I really do love him. He's apologized for the difficulty and he's always so tired I feel bad for asking to talk to him longer.





We have talked about this distance previously, I want to know how I can deal with him being so far away with limited communication?


How common is this situation? How do I know when to break up, or if we should even break up?How to deal with a really difficult long distance relationship?
This is very common. But what is common is not always true for everyone.





I have had to long distance relationships. The first one was right ou of highschool. Me and my boyfriend were going to two different colleges in different states....we both had good intentions and really did love each other. However, after about a year of toughing it we started drifting apart. We had less and less to talk about with each other because we were growing as people and experiencing new things separately from each other. We broke up but we ended it as friends.





My second long distance relationship was with the Love of my Life. I lived in Hawaii and he lived in Australia. That went on for seven months and then he proposed and we are now happily together in Australia.:-)





The biggest difference between those two relationships was the quality of our communication and our ability to connect with each other while we are both living seperate lives. Also, the level of commitment.





Hope I was able to give you some perspective. When and if you ';should'; break up...you'll know.





Hugs,


MelHow to deal with a really difficult long distance relationship?
well im in a long distance relationship and let me tell u its really hard its goin on a year an a half i mean he flies to c me or i do go up there but its not the same as if u were together u kno its really hard but in the end if its meant an yall make it thru then it will work. i have him movin down here with me now so it all turned out good jus talk to him about come up wit somethin but its hard

No comments:

Post a Comment