Saturday, August 21, 2010

I need some advice on long distance relationships...?

I'v been with my boyfriend for just about 5 months now out of the 5 months we've been a in a long distance relationship for 2 of them because of his job. I was really unsure about how this would work out. We get to see each other at least once a month but the time in between is where i need the help. We talked non stop when he first moved then after my first trip out to vist him for the weekend (About a month since he had been gone. ) our communication seemed to cut in half. He swears that its just because of work and our busy schedules. But when we do have the time to talk there doesnt seem to be much to say anymore and he is a very chatty person. I am afraid that maybe we are drifiting away from each other? When i bring up that subject he makes its seem like i am making a big deal out of nothing and that somedays there will be times when we dont have a lot to say to each other? Maybe i do need to learn to get over that? I need some advice please. I love this guy but im not so sure this long distance thing is for me.I need some advice on long distance relationships...?
Long distance relationship is very hard to survive and it's even harder if you don't have enough foundation to keep you together. My husband I and was in a long distance relationship and we also came to a point that we both got tired of traveling back and forth and not be able to touch each other. We made a decision and he moved in with me. It's been 9 years since those days and we're inseparable. We have this understanding how things are when we were apart. You guys need to have that talk too. To figure out things and be totally honest to each other. There are no wrong decisions to make what ever you decide together will be the right thing for your relationship. Good luck and I hope it turns out the way you would want it.I need some advice on long distance relationships...?
Wow, thats pretty amazing. It feels like I've just read my own question. I posted something quite like this not so long ago, say about 4 months back ? My story is similar, I met my boyfriend in Spain where we both lived in school, he had to move back to England to study but I had to stay here. We kept going on for about 2 years but the bit inbetween was hell. I saw him every 2 months, and the time in the middle was painful, I didnt know where he was or what he was doing, even who with. I questioned myself many times whether it was right and I convinced myself everytime it was because I was so in love. Its normal, the communication thing, some days, you'll have nothing to say, but its normal because you dont have to always have to have a life story to tell eachother. Even just a little hey how are you what you been doing today? would be good enough. How often do you call eachother? We kept in contact twice a day. I brought up the subject of communication a lot (because he never met the times we were meant to speak) and I always got verbal abuse. I dont know how old you are but I'm 17 and started this at 15. The painful thing for me is, for the whole 2 years I did long distance, I promised him everything and in the end, when i was going through a hard time, he wasnt there, he wasnt interested, so i broke his heart harder than he hurt mine and told him it was over because I thought, why waste my time on someone who isnt here and obviously doesnt care. People say long distance never works but I dont believe that at all, if you work at it, you can work your way through it, but if bits fall apart, get out whilst you can, theres a world out there remember. Dont let him dictate anything to you, if you dont like something, say it, his true colours will show. I really want you to see that he is one spec in the world and dont revolve ur life around him. If it doesnt work out, then fate ran its course, it's not like you'll never find someone else. I found someone a couple of weeks after splitting up with him and I forgot how amazing it was to date and things like that. i'm only saying this for if it fails, if it works, good luck to you both and you'll inspire all. Always be your own person when it comes to long distance, be faithful and get out if you have to. Good luck, I've been there, Jayla xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment