Thursday, August 19, 2010

How do you deal with long distance relationships?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 7 months and I am horribly in love with him. 3 months ago, I moved away to go to school and we still see each other, on average, every two weeks or so.


There are times when it gets really hard, though. Like right before I go to bed and he isn't there with me.


How do I hurt less?How do you deal with long distance relationships?
you deal with them a day at a time. understand that no matter what these kinds of relationships take soooo much more than your average ones. you are considerably lucky, when I was in my last LDR I only got to see my future husband once a year...needless to say it was a long hard road filled with lots of tears and longing....though our relationship was great and we get along wonderfully...distance and time kill alot, and if you aren't trusting it will fail. talk constantly, because communication will be your means of body language if you will...be as creative as possible and try to keep your minds off of the distance, it will only make it worse. stay away from couples who are in close distance relationships. one they will never understand or respect your choice and two all they do it make it harder for you. you'll never really stop hurting. but you will in time accept what this is....if you love him like I think you do. in time eventually you will simply know no matter what he is the one and that is the way it is going to be. but do not, follow traditional standards they are no use for your typical LDR. good luck and I wish you all the best. I know from experience how hard it can truly be....but take solace in the knowledgethat I did it for two years straight and wouldn't have changed a thing....except for the fact that it ended. even now I want him back.How do you deal with long distance relationships?
i feel your pain. im away at college and my bf is back at home, 3 and 1/2 hours away. We havent seen each other for 1 1/2 months. We talk every day and also try and talk on our webcams atleast once a week. It's definately really hard but we both love each other and want it to work out. Good luck with your relationship, i hope all goes well!
call him a lot. make sure you still know what happens in his life and he still knows about yours. stay connected. make the most of when you get to see him, do something fun and memorable.
Your mind is preoccupied by your bf. The brain controls everything and so engage yourself to some fruitful activities that will make yourself busy.If you do nothing but think of him girl the more you make yourself suffer!!!!Concentrate in your studies, go out with friends.Manage your time wisely.To spend your time thinking of him only is not awesome!!!!
I'm in the same boat only I get to see my bf maybe once every three months - it's hard. We talk constantly on MSN, call when we can, text when we can and think about eachother. It doesn't really start to hurt any less. Throw yourself into projects. I focus on my school work a lot to forget how much I'm missing him. That always works for me. Then I get to see him and I'm very happy indeed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment